18th Birthday Debut {02.13.2010}

I worked with my mom last weekend for one of her catering jobs (my mom owns a restaurant and catering business, Magic Wok). I provided the floral decor for Kasandra's 18th Birthday Party Debut, which took place at the Milpitas Community Center. I also got to help with the actual catering portion (setting up tables and some waiting) , which I don't get to do often.

It is traditional for young Filipina ladies turning 18 to have a debut party celebrating their coming of age-- very similar to the Mexican quinceanera. Many times the planning and preparations that go into having a debut party almost equal the amount of time that go into weddings. Kasandra's party was well planned and I could tell that all of her guests were having such a good time. Her parents and sister Jackie did an awesome job!



Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP