Miki + Norman {06.05.10}

I guess it is that time in my life when it seems that all my friends are getting married! It seems like all the weddings are back to back too!! Just about literally in this case. Miki and Norman are another one of our dear friends, who were married the weekend after Kathy and Derek! They were married at the lovely Wente Vineyards in Livermore.

When Miki and Norman asked me to do their floral designing, I knew it was going to be fun and unique. I worked closely with them to try to achieve a wedding that was truly their own. We decided to incorporate Miki's "quirky and cute personality" with Norman's "dorky and geeky, but cool" one. The architect in Miki described herself and Norman to me as a circle and a square! I ran with the circle and square description and deciced to use vessels that were cylinders and cubes. Miki also told me that she wanted her arrangements to be fairly eco-friendly so I decided to re-pot succulents and Marigolds so that their guests could enjoy them at home. Norman, who has a PhD in physics, showed off his dorky nature and painted the table signs which were named after mathematical shapes and their formulas. Dodeca...what?



For their headtable centerpiece and bouquets I wanted to incorporate Miki's love of the color orange and for fruits and vegetables.




Miki and Norman took personalizing their wedding to a whole other level. They decided to honor Miki's Japanese herritage by folding 1001 paper cranes which we displayed on manzanita branches at their ceremony. I believe they folded 5 or 6 daily for most of the year that they were engaged!! This was symbolic of dedication and patience.


So many cute details went into Miki and Norman's wedding including their cake and cake topper, not to mention the hand silk screened tote bags that Miki made! I wish I had those pictures to show you now! When they are available from Tuan, I'll post them =)

Cheers!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP